Creating a Braze Connection
This article will walk you through the process of creating a new Braze connection in Census.
Supported Braze Objects
As of September 2020, Census supports syncing your data to the User object in Braze.
Connecting Census to Braze
Census needs to pieces of information to connect to your Braze account:
- An API Key with the appropriate permissions
- The Braze API Endpoint URL for your account
Creating a Braze API key
Braze lets you create a number of API keys, each with their own set of permissions. You'll almost certainly want to create a new API key for Census rather than reusing an existing one.
- Within Braze's left navigation bar, scroll down to the very bottom. Under App Settings and click Developer Console.
- Within the API Settings tab, under Rest API Keys, click + Create New API Key.
- Provide a name you'll recognize ("Census" is a good choice) and select the following permissions. Currently, we only the User Data permissions, except for
users.delete.This permission set may change as we add support for more Braze objects so you may want to grant more permissions now or plan to update these permissions in the future. Scroll down and click Save API Key.
- Finally, copy the long code you see under Identifier. We'll use that in a minute.
Selecting your Braze API Endpoint
Braze requires that we use a slightly different URL to access your account depending on where it's been set up. See the full list of all Braze API Endpoints. In general, you just need the number from the URL you see in your browser when you're signed into Braze.
For example, if your Braze URL is https://dashboard- 03.braze.com/, then your API Endpoint should be https://rest.iad-03.braze.com.
Creating the Census Connection
Great! Now let's pull it all together.
- In the Settings tab, Create a new Braze Service Connection in Census.
- You can provide whatever name you like.
- Provide the appropriate Braze Endpoint URL.
- Copy and paste your new Braze API key.
And you're all set and ready to get syncing!